My research uses massive individual-level data to build consumer behavioral insights to help achieve measurable outcomes for businesses, organizations, and policy makers.
I am currently a Research Lead for the Institute for Application of Learning Science and Educational Technology.(ALSET)
My lab’s existing research areas include:
This area studies how data can be used in retail banking such as microfinance, peer-to-peer lending, and unsecured lending to perform better credit scoring. View current projects here.
This research group looks at how individual-level digital traces can be used to support educators and policy makers. View current projects here.
Media and Social Media
This group investigates the consumer behavior and economic impact on online platforms including social media, news media, and video streaming services. View current projects here.
Sharing Economy & Transport
Sharing and gig economies have disrupted traditional industries. This group’s research into pricing, customer-relationship management (CRM) and its economic impact. View current projects here.
- BT5126 (formerly IS5126)
- Business School Executive Education
- Various Custom Executive Education programs
Learn more here.
- October 3, 2019, Colombo, Sri Lanka – ACI World Congress, Keynote & Plenary on Crypto currency, Fintech, AI and Machine Learning
- July 21, 2019, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam – IvyPrep, “Parenting in the AI Future”
- June 30, 2019, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam – Kasikorn Vision x VIISA Fintech Hackathon, Keynote, “Technology Disruptions in Financial Services and Vietnam”
- September 26, 2018, Zurich, Switzerland – Blockchain & Healthcare Conference, “Using Blockchains and Healthcare Data to Detect Mental Health & Disorders”
- August 21, 2018, National Convention Center, Hanoi, Vietnam – Vietnam Innovation Network, Ministry of Planning & Innovation, “FinTech for Vietnam”
- July 18, 2018, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore – Innovate. Connect. Economy (ICE) Conference, “Social Media & Mobile Analytics Driving Lending and Unbanked.”
- March 29, 2018, Singapore – Science Cafe, “Hurricanes & Friendships: The Social Cost of Global Warming”
- March 22, 2018, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam – Keynote, HAWEE
- Jan. 16, 2018, Singapore – OCBC, “Novel Credit Risk Assessment”
- Nov. 3, 2017, Hong Kong, China – GMAC Asia Pacific Conference, “Demystifying Artificial Intelligence and Graduate Management Education”
- June 5, 2017, Singapore – Ministry of Education, “Social Network Analysis”
- Feb. 22, 2017, Singapore – OCBC The Value, “Big Data Disruptions”
- Oct. 18, 2016, Singapore – PyData Singapore, “Responsible Analytics: Causality”