My research uses massive individual-level data to build consumer behavioral insights to help achieve measurable outcomes for businesses, organizations, and policy makers.
I am currently a Research Lead for the Institute for Application of Learning Science and Educational Technology.(ALSET)
My lab’s existing research areas include:
This area studies how data can be used in retail banking such as microfinance, peer-to-peer lending, and unsecured lending to perform better credit scoring and know-your-customer (KYC)
Media and Social Media
This group investigates the consumer behavior and economic impact on online platforms including social media, news media, and video streaming services.
This research group looks at how individual-level digital traces can be used to support educators and policy makers.
Sharing Economy & Transport
Sharing and gig economies have disrupted traditional industries. This group's research into pricing, customer-relationship management (CRM) and its economic impact.
- March 29, 2018, Singapore - Science Cafe, "Hurricanes & Friendships: The Social Cost of Global Warming"
- March 22, 2018, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam - Keynote, HAWEE
- Jan. 16, 2018, Singapore - OCBC, "Novel Credit Risk Assessment"
- Nov. 3, 2017, Hong Kong, China - GMAC Asia Pacific Conference, "Demystifying Artificial Intelligence and Graduate Management Education"
- June 5, 2017, Singapore - Ministry of Education, "Social Network Analysis"
- Feb. 22, 2017, Singapore - OCBC The Value, "Big Data Disruptions"
- Oct. 18, 2016, Singapore - PyData Singapore, "Responsible Analytics: Causality"