This group investigates the consumer behavior and economic impact on online platforms including social media, news media, and video streaming services.
2017 – current: Subscription and video streaming services have been widely popular. Yet, little is known about how consumers behave nor optimal strategies in these environments. For example, what is the impact of grandfather clause on customer behavior. Does timed comments (aka danmaku) help or hurt customer behavior?
Member: Mr. Xiaoqing Zhang (PhD student)
- Bhattacharya, Prasanta, Tuan Q. Phan, Xue Bai, and Edoardo M. Airoldi. “A Co-evolution Model of Network Structure and User Behavior: The Case of Content Generation in Online Social Networks.” Information Systems Research (Forthcoming)
- Phan, Tuan Q., and David Godes. “The Evolution of Influence Through Endogenous Link Formation.” Marketing Science, March 12, 2018. doi: 1287/mksc.2017.1077.
- Chen, Xi, Ralf van der Lans, and Tuan Q. Phan. “Uncovering the Importance of Relationship Characteristics in Social Networks: Implications for Seeding Strategies.” Journal of Marketing Research 54, no. 2 (2017): 187–201. doi:1509/jmr.12.0511.
- Cavusoglu, Huseyin, Tuan Q. Phan, Hasan Cavusoglu, and Edoardo M. Airoldi. “Assessing the Impact of Granular Privacy Controls on Content Sharing and Disclosure on Facebook.” Information Systems Research 27, no. 4 (2016): 848–879. doi:1287/isre.2016.0672.
- Phan, Tuan Q., and Edoardo M. Airoldi. “A Natural Experiment of Social Network Formation and Dynamics.” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 112, no. 21 (May 26, 2015): 6595–6600. doi:10.1073/pnas.1404770112.